Updates June 2001
Amanda has recorded a NEW album which should be released in October. It includes her new single "Love Boat" which is already included in the Jive france compilation "Rainbow Love Boat" (Jive 922180-2 released May, 22 2001 ). The single will includes remixes of the song and will be out in the end of June. The song is a well crafted cover of the famous 70 's title track of the TV program.
Updates December 2000
ARLES, France, Dec 17 (AFP)
Several works of art by Spanish surrealist artist Salvador Dali were damaged when fire swept through the house of artist and singer Amanda Lear, police confirmed Sunday.
Lear was questioned on Sunday by police in charge of the investigation into Saturday's fire at her home which killed her husband and another man, investigators said.
Police refused to comment on Lear's statement, saying only that the former muse of Dali was still suffering from the shock of the loss of her husband.
Lear's husband and an unnamed man died early Saturday after fire destroyed part of the house in the southern French village of Saint-Etienne-du-Gres, near Avignon, police said. The body of Alain-Philippe Malagnac d'Argens, 51, and that of a 20-year-old man were found at the scene of the blaze, a farmhouse designed by Dali. Police have confirmed that there were works of art by Dali in the building and that some of them had been damaged in the blaze, but have not given any further details.
A witness reported canvases being removed from the burnt out building on Sunday.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known, although an investigation is now underway.
Lear, is a model-turned-pop-singer who was Dali's muse and close companion for many years. She was in Italy when the accident happened, but immediately flew to France when she heard the news.
Updates Summer 2000
Updates - Spring/Summer 2000
- Amanda was on the stage of the Queen disco by a very hot Thursday night to promote her recent Sony release "Follow Me" (a compilation of "Alter-ego" and "Amanda 98"). Dressed by Gaio Mattiolo. She sang four songs: "Follow Me" in a new extroadinaire version which can be found in the album "Paris Pride 2000" (EMI, France 2000 ), then "Fantasy" and "Metamorphose" and finally "Just a Gigolo". She was exceptionnally beautiful and the show had a massive success with at least 2000 people inside the packed Champs Elyzées located club.
- On The 15 Th of July Amanda was at the opening of an exhibition mixing artists inspired by her and some of her own paintings at the Torch Gallery in Amsterdam called "Not a Lear". For the event she gave a long interview to "het parool " the famous dutch diary paper. She was wondeful and i had the chance to interview her for our site. She was coming from Italy where she had to appear on sunday in Roma for a very important TV Show dedicated to Haute Couture. She was quite friendly and amazed about the pieces of Art she inspired different young artists (from buttons set to make an
A.M.A.N.D.A. name appear to a video with a young girl dancing on "Oh Mother look what... " ) but that's art isn't it . Amanda, always royal , remained cool even when she asked to sign the photo taken by famous Dutch to introduce the event. This photo showed Amanda covered with wrinkles (they were added by the photographers!!!! ). She also talked about her summer in Provence and another exhibition she had in Milano dedicated to red and black paintings of her.
- in the end of August she appeared on a prime time TV show in France.
- in the end of September she will be in Berlin for tribute to Marlene Dietrich , in December in Paris for the " Not a Lear " exhibition (it will
eventually goes to New York in May 2001 ); In the meantime she will be on TV in Italy and in a recording studio for new songs.
Updates - Winter 2000
- Amanda has spent all spring season to paint for a new exhibition which has started in Milano on the 15 th of June at the " In Particolare "
gallery. But there was more: from 15 th of July an exhibition centered around Amanda including paintings of her by young artirts inspired by Amanda starte for 3 months in Amsterdam at the Torch gallery . This exhibition will go to Gent in Belgium then to Paris and Cologne before
reaching New-York at the beginning of next year.
- On the 6 th of April Amanda was at the Queen discotheque for the promotion of her french compilation "Follow-Me", Sony Music. She sang her newest recording of "Follow-Me", very much in the style of 1978 canadian remix you can find in the SPV compilation " Greatest Hi-NRG hits " , then "Fantasy","Metamorphose" and "As Time Goes By". She was incredibly beautiful in a Gaio Mattiolo sequin dress and she had rave reviews after her performance.
We went to thank her at the end of the show and , little secret , we discovered that her perfume was an old American fragrance now discontinued called "Jungle gardenia ". Blonde by Versace is very near of it so if you want to have a bit of Amanda on you , you know what to do. It's always very moving to be near Amanda . She's incredibly beautiful and she is such a star as you all well know .
- Not only Amanda did lots of shows in Italy , She also appeared in different French TV programs ( "Célébrités" on TF1 and "Coups de gueule" on France 2 sporting a new haircut as well as in Belgium.
- Reports of a car incident in the end of May appeared in many French and Italian papers. Fortunately they were false or simply fabricated. Amanda is very much in shape for a very busy summer !.
- Begfinning of June two new compilation has been released in France with Amanda. The first one "Etre femme" ("To Be A Woman) was released by Polydor/ Universal and it's dedicated to 22 uncomparable female artists of French music " as the sticker says it. Almost all of them are there just to mention: Barbara, Dalida, Sylvie Vartan, Lio, Sheila, Brigitte Bardot, Zazie. All singing in French, of course as it's a compilation with "French chanteuses " except one... Amanda singing "Follow Me" ( version Amanda 98 ). Just for the sticker it's worth buying ! The second one is more interesting "Paris Pride 2000" released by Emi includes the new "Follow Me", sung at the Queen by Amanda. The remix is terrific and you will love it. "Last night" , the second single from the "Dj Empire" album is was not successful and it is highly unlikely that BMG will release "From Here To Eternity" as a single.
Updates - Autumn 1999
- After an " Italian " autumn where the second TV season of "The Little Ugly Duck" on Italia Uno has beaten records of audience every Tuesday on primetime; Amanda has spent a well deserved holiday in Morocco . She was there with her husband Alain Philippe in a very famous palace in Marrakesh toasting the arrival of the new millenium.
- Amanda will remain mainly in Provence in January to prepare some new paintings for futures exhibitions . She will return to a film set near of
Paris beginning of February for a French TV film where she has the leading part of a courageous single mother of a young adopted asian boy Timotee.
- Before Xmas she has recorded a new version of "From here to Eternity" in several langages in a Cologne studio for a tribute album to Giorgio Moroder to be released mid February 2000 through Logic/ BMG worldwide . You can listen to the track on http ://www.dj-empire.com. Some new mixes are in preparation for possible single release in April . Amanda should appear along with Gloria Gaynor and DJ Spoon in several TV and Radio shows in Germany to support the Album.
- AMANDA has started mid october the new season of "The Little Ugly Duck" (Il brutto anatroccolo ), her prime time show on Italia 1 , The Italian network. The show has been immensely successfull coming First in the ratings with 18 % market share despite big competition from Football matches or bruce willis films.
- Check Italian magazine OGGI , you will see our Lovely Amanda with long time Italian TV diva Raffaella Carra under the title "CARRAMBA WHAT A SUCCESS "; Many other italian magazines talk about AMANDA just check them out. Also German STERN magazine ( Steffi Graff on cover ) featured her long interview with our beloved diva.
- Her album including a techno version of "Follow-Me " has been postponed due to her heavy planning but...
- far more exciting news. AMANDA has just recorded in Cologne for a tribute album to GIORGIO MORODER , the song
" From Here To Eternity" !!!!! The album will be released through BMG probably in winter . A single with different mixes should be released with this song. AMANDA singing GIORGIO MORODER , we can't wait to hear it , can we ???
Updates - Summer 1999
- Following the unexpected success of "Amanda '98" album in ASIA, AMANDA will tour this part of the world for 3 weeks during November. She will be in CHINA, HONG KONG, MALAYSIA and THAILAND for TV SHOWS . 2 concerts are planned in addition during her presence in Beijing and Hong Kong.
- January 2000 should be the date of her debut on stage as a theather actress. AMANDA is currently negotiating a tour in FRANCE with this comedy play.
Like every year AMANDA will spend the summer in her Provence House. Amanda's performance in " Le bel indifferent " a play written by Cocteau scheduled for the beginning of July during the Avignon festival has been called off due to the non agreement of Cocteau heir.
- AMANDA has recorded this spring a new album with canadian producers including an amazing " Follow Me Symphony " very much in the taste of the Wally Mac Donald remix of 1978 . The album should be released late fall.
- 4 new mixes of "Queen of Chinatown" has been released as a promo 12 " inches in Italy to promote "Back In Your Arms". A first 12 inch maxi single had been already released last year including "Tomorrow" and "Follow Me" by Dig It international for the Italian market.
- 2 new massive TV advertised compilations has been released for the summer in France including "Follow- Me" ( " Les divas du disco " Wagram/Arcade and "Summer Boys" Sony France ). It must be (NO JOKE !!!), the 250th compilation and the 150th TV advertised which includes " Follow -Me " while there are so many other songs to pick up . Well it seems that Amanda will remain Madame " Follow-me " forever...
- AMANDA has appeared several times on TV in Italy this spring and last saturday she was the guest of the Raffaella Carra produced RAI Uno Prime time show "Segreti and Bugie" hosted by the opera singer Katia Richiarelli.She appeared exceptionnally radiant and at ease wearing a very sexy long black dress open on the right. Some negotiations are under way for a return of her own TV show " Little Ugly Duck " next winter.
Updates - January 1999
- Her paintings are currently exhibited in Munich (that will last unitl July 11, 1999) and then should go to Aubusson in France. For more info on Munich event please contact:
Tel + 49 89 260 5399
or send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ivana Trump, a big friend and fan of our beloved one, wants desperately an exhibition of Amanda's paintings in Miami ...
Soon photos of her loft in LONDON !!!!!
Updates - November 1998
- Amanda's latest film "Bimboland" has been released on the 23 rd December. The cast includes Judith Godreche, Gerard Depardieu , Aure Attika and Danyboon. It tells the story of a young doctor in science played by Judith Godreche who leaves the study of non-civilized Indian population in South America to study the Bimbos living along the French Riviera. She becomes friend with Aure Attika who introduces her to this whole new world full of glitz, glamour, money and somehow cheapness. Amanda plays the part of Aure Attika's mother, Gina, an Ivana Trump-like character. It's a quite funny comedy. It has attracted over 156 000 people for its first week and currently is the only French film in the top five Movie charts. You can see some pics of the film on http://www.gaumont.fr
- Amanda was the guest of J.Luc Delarue talk show on 30th of December. She talked about her nightlife years in the 70's and she announced she will spend her new year's eve in London with some friends. For the beginning of the year Amanda will do some promotion for her latest
album in Germany, France and eastern countries. There is some plans for the release of a new single ( maybe " These boots... ) but nothing is confirmed
- BMG ARIOLA has already released in some countries a reworked "collection " cd ( BMG Europe Best of collection... ) including new artwork ( same pic as "Blood and Honey" cd single ) and new titles ( 16 instead of 11 , all "Sweet Revenge" + 7 tracks from "I am a Photograph"). This CD should replace the "old" " Collection " CD in the first months of 1999.
- You asked us about Amanda's favourite artists. Here it is :
- Tina Turner
- Dusty Springfield
- Diana Ross
- Juliette Greco ( French well-known chanteuse )
- Mina ( Italian superstar )
- Lou Reed
- Michael Jackson
- Genesis and Phil Collins
- Pascal Obispo (French well known singer )
- Laurent Garnier ( Amanda loves Techno music )
- Throughout October and beginning of November AMANDA 98 "Follow-Me Back Bn My Arms " has been released in Germany, Switzerland, Austria ,all nordic and Eastern Europe. Recently this album was also released in France, Belgium and Holland. Amanda should
appear very soon in France to promote the album. So far, the most raving response for the album occured in Eastern Europe.
- A new single (probably "Follow-Me" Remix) should be released before the end of this year.
- If you have any news or insides how good the album go in your country or any promotion she has done just let us now !
Updates - September 1998
- Since mid October Amanda has a new show on Primetime TV (from 8:45 pm to 11:00 pm) every Tuesday on ITALIA UNO (one of the 3 Mediaset channels owned by Berlusconi). It's called "The Little Ugly Duck". In this show, people are being transformed from ugly to beautiful. It's a big show with lots of guests, 10 hairdressers in the wings, etc. Amanda makes her appearance in glamorous tradition wearing 4 different dresses every show, a real glossy photograph... The rating for this show is also very high. It became one of the 3 most viewed program each evening.
- She will remain in Italy until the end of January 99.
Updates - Summer/Autumn 1998
- On 5th of October BMG ARIOLA releases the new album !!!! It's called "AMANDA'98" and subtitled "Follow-me back in my arms ". It's a mix of the italian release "Back In Your Arms" and new remixes of the original versions like for "Blood and Honey ".
Soon the track listing and informations about the countries where it will be released. It's produced by Mint records and ARIOLA
- "Blood And Honey" has been released up to now in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Hungary, Denmark, Finnland, Poland, Baltic Countires. Before the end of September it should released in remaining Scandinavian and Eastern countries. Southern Europe shoudn't be forgotten but all depend on interest by local BMG companies. 2 weeks after its release "Blood and Honey" is already a smash in Hungary, Poland and Latvia and starts very well on radio in Finland. It should appear in the German dance charts very soon as it's on heavy rotation in many discos. Will it be Amanda's comeback ?
- End of August a NEW CD SINGLE has been released in Germany and Northern and Eastern Europe ! It includes two remixes of the original recording of "Blood and honey" and " Rien ne vas plus" a track taken from an album Alter Ego !!!! The remix is absolutely fabulous very much in the original flavour with some ingredients taken from the "Blood And Honey" version included in album Back In Your Arms. It can be bought from TeleCd at wwww.teleCD.de. The name of the remixer is not mentionned. The photo is a very recent close up of Amanda's very very nice.
The big piece of news is that the single has been released by BMG ARIOLA ! Ariola has wanted for a long time to work again on their Amanda's catalogue and planned to release remixes of her songs but there were some old and lasting disagreements ( see Amanda's interview). In September Mint Records should have released in Germany through ZYX Music the Back In Your Arms album with re-recording of her most famous hit singles. The agreement is good news as the single will beneficiate of a good exposure and the current hype for 80's artists (Modern Talking, Fancy, Bad Boys Blue)
- A release of a compilation mixing Back In Your Arms re-recording and original recordings is a possibility but nothing is confirmed yet.
- During the spring Amanda has virtually been the guest of all the Italian TV shows in order to promote the album. She sang "Tomorrow".
- In June she was the host of a prime time show on Italia Uno called "The Little Ugly Duck" introducing people which appeareances from ugly to beautiful people was done by replacing thair current clothes and make ups. The show was a big success with a 16% market share , ranking 3rd that evening , very close of the 2nd (a tv film on RaiUno ), the 1st was a football match. Some other shows should be taped for the winter seasons.
Updates - May 1998
- Amanda has become a regular guest of a daily new TV show "Kadox" on France 3 (from 8.00 pm to 8.30 pm from Monday to Friday ). She has spent a part of the holiday taping this game show, the rest was spent in Provence as usual.
- On 6th of September she was the guest of the famous "KROKRODIL" restaurant in "Le marais " district. The evening was hosted by GALIA the delightful queen of the Parisian nights. PACO RABANNE, the famous clothes designer was by Amanda's side.
Amanda was absolutely fab reaching the restaurant in a white limousine, wearing a black dress with red scarf on her shoulders. At the end of the meal she went to buy a bottle of milk at a little grocery store near of the restaurant astonishing everybody. But that's Amanda : A star that remains very simple. The evening was taped for TF1 ( 1st French TV Network ) and will be shown on their ExclusiF show . Soon some photos !!!
- Her movie "Bimboland" should be released in November.
- BIG BIG NEWS : Her new album called "Back In Your Arms" (Dig It/BMG ) is finally out and available in Italy (since May 20th, 1998 ). It will be released through out Europe in September under the name "Number 10" . This album represents a mixture of new songs and older ones Amanda has just re-recorded.
These Boots Are Made For Walking
I'll Miss You (Remix)
Queen Of Chinatown
Blood And Honey
Fabulous Lover, Love Me
Muscle Man (Piano Mix)
This Man (Remix)
Just A Gigolo
Angel Love (Club Mix)
Bonus track : Tomorrow' 98 Dance Mix
For the first time Amanda has re-recorded all her greatest hits. Only "Follow Me" (twice), Lily Marlene and Fashion Pack had been re-recorded significantly differently from their original versons. This time all the songs are very much in the 70's flavour with many efforts from the voice to the arrangements to be close to the originals (luxurious arrangements, numerous back-up vocalists ).
It will bring back memories to everybody. It is really a good album and it is great to have her still recording after so many years, while nearly all the other disco-era stars have virtually dissapeared or reduced to lip-syncs on their 70's recordings.
The songs taken from the "Alter Ego" album are alternative versions. "These boots" is a longer version than the one she sang at the "Palace Theater" in Paris end of 96. Very uplifting, totally different from the 77 version and definately deserves to be released as a single. "Follow-Me", "Tomorrow", "Enigma", "Fashion Pack" are very, very close to the original versions. Very moving. "Blood and Honey", "Queen Of Chinatown" and mostly "Fabulous" (with a russian-like beat !!!! ) are a bit more different , very well done. "Just a Gigolo" has been for some years a favourite moment of her live appeareance but up to now she had never recorded this song as a record.
The album is produced by Michael Gordon and Mint Records as "Alter Ego" and all her all albums since "Cadavrexquis" in 1993.
- Amanda will exhibit her paintings in Mougins/Cannes from Friday May. 15th up
to May 30th. This exhibition takes place during the International Film Festival in Cannes, France.
- In May Amanda Lear received a very good review of her latest album "Alter Ego" in Pulse Magazine ( US Tower record In-house magazine )
- During the Summer Amanda was taking her well deserved break in her wonderful house in Provence (France).
- In the beginning of October 97, Amanda took part in a movie with Gerard Depardieu and Judith Godreche directed by Ariel Zeitoun.
- Also in October Amanda has had a very successful exhibition of her paintings in Paris exclusive restaurant "The Doobie's ". Her new subject is the Angel , preferably male and muscled !!! Soon all the photos wil lbe available here on Amanda's Page
- In the beginning of November a new compilation was released by BMG/WARNER/POLYGRAM in Greece including the biggest 1977/1987 pop hits by Amanda including her biggest local hit "Enigma" ("Give a bit of mmh to me " )
- In the end of November Amanda flies to Moscow to tape a New year's eve TV Show. Russians fans all your infos will be welcomed !
To see larger pictures click on them.
What a piece of news, Amanda back for a live appearance at the Palace theater! When people got the news, they all prepared for this very special moment and on Sunday 17 th the crowd was there causing a traffic jam in rue Montmartre. The show had to start at 7.OO pm but at this hour half of the people were still outside !. At 7.30 the German TV prepared the cameras to film the show. She finally appeared at 8 o'clock surrounded by 10 gogodancers escorting her to the stage singing a new version of "These Boots Are Made For Walking" very danceable . A Lear show was in half sung ( only 6 songs this time ! )
and half comedy act. While singing she she moved around the dancers showing their legs and boots and comparing them to the laugh of the crowd. I was myself pressed to the stage by the impressing crowd , around 3000 people singing shouting "I'm Gonna Walk All Over You"! Amanda was magnificently dressed in a black lamé cut on the right side specifically designed for the night by Lloyd Klein, very Marlene Dietrich with a perfect hairdo ( she has returned blonde !! ). After this 1st song she made her a return to the golden age of disco with the interpretation of her universal anthem "Follow Me". She told us about her first appearance in this theater ( the painting was still drying ! ) and her carreer. The 3rd song was her most recent disco hit in France , the fantastic "Fantasy". The crowd became estatic !. Then came on stage a black actor to play with her a Bogart part while she was Ingrid Bergman in a quick reddition of "Casablanca" which ended by an incredible interpretation of "As Time Goes By". The world will always welcome Amanda! Then she, with tear-jerking words explained to the audience that she wanted to dedicate her career to the theater or films and she will end tonight her singing act and cabaret work !! She added she would keep on recording but singing live it was over . It's not possible she told the crowd while she started a heartbreaking "I'll miss you" from her latest album "Alter Ego / number 10". She dissapeared crying from the stage while the crowd shouted "Don't leave us" !!! She came back some long minutes later with her dancers to sing "Peep ". A massive cake appeared on the stage while she was receiving the bravos of the audience .After this what happened, I really don't remember, the crowd was no longer controlable ! She cut some piece of cakes, threw some signed cards stapled with condoms ! (Amanda supports a lot safe sex campaigns and associations, she just has finished a short film for the 1st of December day shown on French TV channel: Canal Plus), put a cup of champagne to her lips while the flashes of a dozen photographers lightened the stage and she dissapeared. I was very lucky to be received with two other friends some minutes later backstage. She was dressed in a beautiful Christian Linares purple shirt again she had to smile to photographers watching her mirror then in her dancers arms etc... I understood at this moment why she was a bit fed up and loved so much the quietness of her beloved Provence house! She told us about her frentic life (after she came back from Moscow, she recorded a TV show on Monday in Paris before going to Italy). Scoop: she will exhibit her paintings during the MIDEM festival in January !! ). When a dancer cut himself, she went to find some medication for him. She remains incredibly beautiful at an impossible 5O. I suspect her to add some years to her real age to get quicker her pension !!!!
Thank you Amanda for this unique show .We all hope it is your first farewell and not the last one !
Reviewed by one and only Alain(France)
© 1996-2006 Copyright by EuroDanceHits.com
no part of this site can be used or copied without prior permission